What is the purpose of my blog?

I am 'blogging' to fulfil the research and planning section of my AS Media course. Also attached, is my evaluation of the our final product: 'Suspect' - our horror/thriller opening sequence.

Have fun reading!

Tuesday, 22 January 2013

Lesson Progress: 22.01.13 - (shot timings)

In this lesson, I am drafting how long each shot should take. The timings, I feel, will aid us when shooting the film, and more importantly the editing process. By adding 'timing' structures to our shots, we can also get an idea for what other shots or cuts are needed for the forthcoming shots. In brackets (next to the shot number) are the draft timings - in seconds - which we have assigned to the shots. I feel being time specific with the shots will be beneficial to our group so I have added times to the shots shown below: FIRST DRAFT


Shot 1 (8) Hand-held camera shots: ‘handy cam’
Camera man running
Falls over
Camera tilts, filming the wall (lit wall)

Shot 2 (3) Shadow of victim and murderer on the lit wall
Murderer mimes some form of physical abuse (stabbing, violent punching)

Shot 3 (12) Cuts to interrogation scene
Filming Aidan being questioned: Close-up
Some dialogue is exchanged: diegetic – “where were you Friday?” (idea one)

Shot 4 (4) -fade in- Establishing shot of the building
Caption “Friday”: corner of frame

Shot 5 (3) Low-angle of murderer dragging body down the corridor

Shot 6 (4) Low-angle in corner of the stall looking at the body being dragged

Shot 7 (5) Cuts to Shot three
Aidan exchanges dialogue of his account of what he did Friday

*Sound (dialogue) bridge of Aidan giving his ‘false’ account: “I was at home watching TV” (something along those lines)*

Shot 8 (3) Long shot from opposite end of the corridor from where the murderer came in.

Shot 9 (2) Close-up of (mise en scene) axe in another stall
Murderer’s hand picks up the axe

Shot 10 (3) Cut to shot eight

Shot 11 (3) Cuts to shot six
Murderer ‘axing’ victim

Shot 12 (6) Cuts to shot 7 – “and that’s all I did” (the definitive lines will be in the script)
Long pause – interviewer grants leave for the suspect

Shot 13 (5) Extreme long-shot of the suspect walking out, free to go


No comments:

Post a Comment