What is the purpose of my blog?

I am 'blogging' to fulfil the research and planning section of my AS Media course. Also attached, is my evaluation of the our final product: 'Suspect' - our horror/thriller opening sequence.

Have fun reading!

Wednesday, 6 March 2013

Editing Process: 06.03.13

I have used my free periods to essentially finish the film. Yesterday, as a group, we unanimously decided that our product is near to completion - and with opinion of our teacher (Mr Nichols), it only needs a few 'tweeks' and then it will be complete.
So, today I have added in some audio from the interview scene to represent the visual shots as a flashback. Also, the soundtrack was occasionally out of sync with what was essentially happening in the shots. For example, some shots that created a climax needed the soundtrack to be supportive of this dramatic tension - so I have moved, added and adjusted some audio. The 'Designer Synth', one of our soundtracks used in the film, has had to be modified to fit in with the introductory shots. Also, the shots where Chris actually goes into the depths of the forest, I have added dialogue from the interview scene: John Hinch saying "Under the circumstances, I feel that it is neccassary to hold you for the obligatory 24 hours...", "... unfortunatly Mr Stevens, you'll be spennding a night in a cell".
Furthermore, I added a shot that we captured from shooting the interview scene, and it is the penultimate shot where John Hinch says: "Interview terminated at twenty-five past three" - he then steps away from his chair and walks out the room. I have added a fade-to-black for this sequence to now end.

No comments:

Post a Comment